Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,800+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America’s Best Startup Employer!
The Sr. Product Designer I will be responsible for bringing ideas, tools, and processes that help our team collaborate and solve complex problems.
- Leverage our design principles and personas to craft elegant, but practical solutions
- Design wireframes, mockups, and prototypes and validate them with users & internal experts
- Own and drive all phases of the design process for the product line, working with product management and engineering leaders to define use cases, scope, user journeys, and interactions
- Use research data and product analytics to understand user needs, make decisions, and communicate solutions
- Lead and coach junior designers
- Steward our design system by using and creating reusable patterns across products
- Help our team choose the right methods and tools for creative problem solving
- Present your work to stakeholders across the company to receive feedback and showcase the value of design
Requirements And Preferred Experience
- Typically 4-5 years of experience working in a cross-functional design team
- Strong understanding of how to apply user-centered design principles to software
- Experience leading the design process from concept to implementable solution
- Strong communication skills and an ability to clearly present complex ideas to stakeholders
- Ability to start with complex data and user workflows and drive toward simple and intuitive solutions
- A master of common design software tools, such as Figma (preferred), Sketch, etc.
- Completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field, or relevant experience
- Experience with complex system and wicked problems in government, finance, or enterprise domains
- Experience applying various design research methods to gain insight and inform the direction
- Experience in designing for and scaling accessibility across an organization
What Makes OpenGov Unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times’ 40 under 40 class of 2018 !
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award , Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers , 50 Best Workplaces award . Check out our Careers Video !
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation’s cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We’re powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.