study 2 hours/week to finish in 5 weeks
Enjoy videos and updated course material for a lifetime.
70 video lessons + assignments + quizzes
The Struggle: Why YOU Should Take This Course?
Early in your career, you can end up wasting months trying to break into a product owner role. Despite all of your hard work, you always feel lost because:
- You lack a formal background or experience in project management, computer science, or software engineering.
- You aren’t confident that learning how to code and building a career in software engineering is right for you. Instead, you love the cross-functional skills of being a product owner.
- You aren’t sure if you want to spend 100% of your time in a customer-facing or a sales role. You want a hybrid role that includes the best of both worlds.
- The courses and bootcamps offered in the tech industry are either too technical and jargon-filled or lack sufficient depth.
- You don’t have insider tips or the right resources to stand out as a candidate in Product Owner interviews.
The PMHQ Product Owner Certification Course appeals to aspiring product owners or existing product owners who want to broaden their knowledge of product ownership. Learn the fundamentals of agile product management, how to create your business model, how to validate your ideas, scrum foundations, team dynamics, stakeholder management, how to answer product owner interview questions, and how to stand out in the recruiting process to land a product owner job.
What are you going to get from this course?
P: Over 70+ lectures, 20+ downloadable writing homework, and instructor feedback on your writing.
- Access downloadable writing templates used by Product Managers on the job.
- Instructor feedback on your capstone project. Yes: your work will be reviewed to ensure you’ve made progress.
- Earn a certificate of completion upon finishing the course
- PMHQ is 100% committed to adding more BONUS course content and interviews with product leaders over time. You’ll also get FREE LIFETIME ACCESS to all future content!
- Access to the world’s first and largest Product Manager Slack community where you can meet, chat with, and learn from over 9,000+ product people around the globe. The community also features the world’s top product leaders like Ken Norton (Product Partner, Google Ventures), Punit Soni (Chief Product Officer of Flipkart & Advisor to Google), Josh Elman (Partner at Greylock Partners), Ellen Chisa (VP of Product at Lola), Brandon Chu (Senior Product Manager at Shopify), Lulu Cheng (Product Manager at Pinterest), Jess Lee (Former CEO of Polyvore), Nir Eyal (Author of Hooked), and others in our community for regular Q&A sessions.
Dhaval Bhatt is a Product Management Leader who has spent 16 years as an engineer, founder, and product management leader. He previously founded an artificial intelligence company that won the IBM Global Entrepreneur Award, Google Spark Award, NVIDIA AI Inception Award, Strata-Hadoop Featured Data Startup, and Orielly Intel Featured AI startup before being acquired by the Berkeley Data Science Group. He’s been a Sr. Product Owner for Data and Growth / Acquisition at Lifelock and he’s currently a Product Manager at Microsoft. He’s also an Instructor at UC Berkeley leading their immersive Data Science program.
Enroll in Product Owner Certification Course Today
Earn Your Certification
Product Owner Role Definition
Agile Principles and Values
Business Model Frameworks
Peer Review (Not Optional)
Business Validation Frameworks
Product Owner Resume and Interview
This course has no prerequisites and you do not need a technical background
- You should NOT take this course if:
- You are already an experienced product manager with SCRUM Certification
- You aren’t willing to spend 30 minutes to 1 hour every day for only 1 week to complete course content and work on your Product Owner project
- You SHOULD take this course if:
- You are curious about the Product career and want to learn more about the role and responsibilities
- You have no prior experience and you want to transition into a Product Owner role
- You are trying to determine if the Product Owner role is right for you
- You are beginning your career in tech or are making a career change
Enroll in Product Owner Certification Course Today
Our Alumni Work at These Companies
What the Course Looks Like
Frequently Asked Questions
+ - What is Product HQ?
Product HQ is an independent PM community and certification center. Our community consists of some of the best established and upcoming product managers from around the world.
PMHQ organizes and administers the PMHQ Product Manager Certification program. This online course helps candidates develop a high-level understanding of PM fundamentals and prepares them for a career as a product manager.
Major publications such as Forbes, Product Hunt, Huffington Post, AlphaUX, and Mattermark have extensively covered our work. PMHQ also stands out as one of the top PM communities in the world, with global sponsors including Facebook, TechCrunch, Hired, SaaStr, Notion, Amplitude, and more.
+ - What are product management certification courses?
Product management certifications are credentials given to candidates who successfully complete a product management course with the knowledge of what product management is, the prime principles and practices of product management, and their implementation. Unfortunately, there was a clear lack of bona fide certification in the product management sphere, especially when it came to providing vocational training on how to operate as a modern product manager.
+ - How much does a product owner make a year?
According to June 2022 Glassdoor report, the average yearly salary of a product manager is $107,206.
There are a series of factors that influence the exact amount that a product owner earns. These include the specific salary package at a company, the professional’s level of experience, and their academic qualifications.
Product owners with a product management certificate such as PMHQ’s Product Owner Certification have a greater chance to reach or exceed the national average salary.
+ - How long does it take to complete PMHQ Certification courses?
Just like all of PMHQ’s courses, there is no set timeline or deadline to finish the course. Candidates are free to learn at their own pace. That said, the course is structured in such a way that if you dedicate two (2) hours a day to the course, you should be able to complete it within one (1) month.
+ - How long do I have access to the course?
After enrolling, you have free lifetime access to all of the content in the course for as long as you like across any and all devices you own.
+ - What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
SHOW LESS SHOW MORE