Product management in the software product development space has recently started gaining traction as a bona fide position. That has given birth to the concept of a product manager conference.
A lot of the credit for this goes to similar events that are building new product leadership and inspiring innovation in the product world, eventually creating the idea of a product manager conference.
In this article, we’ll look at the top five product manager conferences you should definitely attend in 2021.
Let’s check them out.
1) INDUSTRY: The Product Conference
3 PM GMT/11 AM EST/8 AM PT
INDUSTRY: The Product Conference is a virtual meetup for software product managers around the world.
Designed as an online event only, the conference is based on dissecting, promoting, and training potential managers to become better at product management.
INDUSTRY Virtual aims to have product leaders speaking on a range of topics to inspire and challenge how product professionals approach digital product development, management, and design thinking.
Centered in San Francisco, the 2-day event will consist of 30+ interactive live sessions with the speakers, one-on-one networking, Q&As, and workshops.
The conference features 10+ hours of keynote speeches from industry experts including:
- Ray (Jiayi) Cao: Managing Director and Head of Global Product Strategy and Operations at TikTok.
- Ebi Atawodi: Director of Product at Netflix.
- Ken Norton: Executive Coach to diverse product teams, product leaders, and former head of product initiatives at Google.
- Lenny Rachitsky: Product management advisor, writer, and investor.
Overall, the product management conference will feature 20 speakers and subject matter experts.
There are two levels of access for entry to the conference:
- General Admission: Costs $199 and includes an all-access pass to the expo hall, roundtables, conference keynote, and more. It also comes with six months of free INDUSTRY on Demand, live Talk Shop Q&A sessions, and a free copy of Radhika Dutt’s book ‘Radical Product Thinking: The New Mindset for Innovating Smarter’.
- Superpass: Costs $699 and comes with everything in General Admission, plus one free attendance at an INDUSTRY Virtual Workshop worth $495 or less.
For more details and to register, visit INDUSTRY: The Product Conference.
2) #ProductCon: The Product Management Conference
September 23, November 18
ProductCon is the world’s biggest online product manager conference.
The massive virtual event brings together a collection of product owners and innovators from the largest tech companies in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The virtual conference will go over building agile products for diverse masses, product design case studies, creating a product development strategy, and a complete PM career roadmap for product teams in startups, among other topics.
The one-day conference will feature eight speeches by industry leaders, starting with a welcome address by Carlos Villaumbrosia, the Founder and CEO at Product School.
The conference will have over two hours of keynote speeches from product experts, such as:
- Neha Monga: Head of Product at Amazon
- Michael Cerda: VP of Product at Disney+
- Annie Jean-Baptiste: Head of Product Inclusion at Google
- Minal Mehta: Head of Product at YouTube
All in all, the conference will have eight speakers and product experts from top technology conglomerates.
There are three levels of access to the conference:
- FREE – Online Viewing: The free ticket doesn’t include full admission into ProductCon. However, visitors can view the live stream, and gain free access to the video and presentation recordings after the conference.
- Online Viewing – General Admission: Costs $149 and comes with complete access to the online conference, as well as video and presentation recordings.
- ProductCon VIP – Online: Costs $228 and comes with a 1-year Product School Pro membership, access to an exclusive Q&A session with ProductCon speakers, and an official member badge for LinkedIn.
For more information and to buy tickets, visit ProductCon: The Product Management Conference.
3) Front: UX and Product Manager Conference
29th September – 1st October | Salt Lake City, Utah (Case Study Conference)
8-10th November (Workshop Series)
Front is a series of major product-centric conferences for product managers and user experience designers.
The yearly event offers PMs and UX professionals an opportunity to learn more about their field of work, gain valuable industry insight, and get innovative ideas.
The conference will go over successful design and PM case studies from some of the global leaders in software product development and offer a hands-on look at how top product teams operate and create world-class products.
The conference is broken down into two segments, namely the three-day Case Study Conference and the three-day Workshop Series.
Front will feature leading UX designers and product leaders in their industries, including:
- Nate Walkingshaw: Chief Experience Officer at Pluralsight
- Frank Yoo: Director of Design for Cloud Apps at Google
- Maggie Crowley: Director of Product Management at Drift
- Matt Strom: Senior Product Design Lead at Bitly
The events will also feature various CEOs, successful founders, and co-founders.
Here are the ticket details for the Case Study Conference:
- Early Bird Pricing: $500 for the full conference, $475 with a group discount for 5-9 people, and $450 with a group discount for over 10 people. The early bird pricing is only valid till the 15th. Standard rates will apply after that.
- Standard Pricing: $700 for the full conference, or $665 with a group discount for 5-9 people, or $630 for a group discount for over 10 people. The standard pricing starts from 16th
Here are the ticket details for the Workshop Series:
- Early Bird Pricing: $1,349 for the full conference, $1,214 with a group discount for 3-5 people, and $1,079 with a group discount for over six people. The early bird pricing is only valid till 8th
- Standard Pricing: $1,799 for the full conference, $1,619 with a group discount for 3-5 people, and $1,439 with a group discount for over six people. The standard pricing is only valid till 9th
For more information and to register for the events, visit Front: UX and Product Manager Conference.
4) Mind the Product [San Francisco]
July 14-15 (San Francisco)
Mind the Product is a PM conference that brings together product owners and industry leaders from multiple areas of business under one roof to share their ideas and educate product people.
The event also takes place in London and Singapore and is one of the only conferences that offer training on the relationship between creating better products and business development.
The conference seeks to explore the intersection of technology, design, and business to inspire product team members as well as future founders and co-founders. The ultimate aim is to help people build better products.
The two-day event will feature speeches from the product leaders, breakout sessions that discuss top emerging product trendsetters, Q&A sessions, roundtable discussions, and a virtual expo.
Mind the Product’s goal is to bring the top product leaders under one roof, these names include:
- Claire Vo: CPO at Color and former CPO at Optimizely
- Lenny Rachitsky: Currently a writer and educator, as well as former Product Leader at Airbnb
- Samihah Azim: Product Designer at Cash App
- Peter Yang: Product Lead at Reddit
The event will have speakers from diverse backgrounds, such as authors, CEOs, educators, and directors.
Here are the ticket details for the conference:
- General Release: $549, valid right now (includes Prioritized membership)
- Team Discount: $499, valid right now (includes Prioritized membership)
- Leader General Release: $1,249, valid right now (includes Mind the Product Leader membership)
- Last Chance: $599, valid when General Release and Team Discount tickets sell out (includes Prioritized membership)
For more information and to register, visit Mind the Product.
5) SaaStr Annual 2023
SaaStr Annual is a yearly conference held for Software as a Service and cloud founders, executives, and VPs to come together and discuss ideas on building and scaling products faster.
The conference is one of the biggest events in the world and is open to everyone, from budding product professionals to established pros looking to learn something more.
The event looks to enable potential cloud product innovators and industry leaders to develop their skills, find new growth opportunities, and network among peers. It is also a great place to learn about unique product building and getting management ideas from the global gold standard in the product industry.
SaaStr Annual will feature speakers including:
- Michelle Benfer: VP and Head of North American Sales at HubSpot
- David Sacks: Co-founder and General Partner at Craft Ventures
- Anna Baird: CRO at Outreach
- Viviana Faga: Advisor and Investor
In addition to these, the event will have a number of CEOs and company heads speaking to the attendees and conducting workshops.
The ticket details for the event are as follows:
- Startups Founders and Executives (less than $40M in ARR): Costs $1,599 and comes with full digital and in-person access to the conference for all three days
- Team Pack for Starup Founders and Execs: Costs $1,199 and comes with a discount when purchased for 4 or more team members.
- All-Access for BigCo Executives and VCs: Costs $2,199 and comes with full in-person and digital access to the conference.
- Team Pack for BigCo Execs and VCs: Costs $1,649 and comes with a discount when purchased for 4 or more attendees.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit SaaStr Annual 2023.
Choosing a Product Manager Conference to Attend
A product manager conference, such as the ones in the list above, offers an opportunity to any potential product champion to learn more about their field and develop their skills.
Make sure to put at least one product manager conference on your to-do list for 2023.