The Technical Product Manager for the Advanced Digital Inspection (ADI) suite of tools that support additive component production for the Additive Integrated Products Team (AIPT) in GE Aerospace. GE Aerospace is a world leader in the development of production level, aerospace quality additive manufacturing. One element of this leading technology is the need for Advanced Digital Inspections. ADI requires that we transfer, process, analyze and store massive amounts of data, utilizing both Edge and Cloud technologies, and implement advanced Machine Learning analytics. This candidate will own the Digital roadmap and Applications that support these technologies, partner closely with the manufacturing technology development teams and the teams in the manufacturing shops, and represent DT on a cross-functional team that includes Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and DT. The scope of work includes selecting the right technology architecture (Edge v. Cloud, for example), developing the Machine Learning Ops processes, and ensuring reliable stable operations.
In this role, you will:
- Own the Digital Technology applications and DT roadmap that support Inspection elements of the Additive Manufacturing processes.
- Interact with stakeholders in Engineering, Supply Chain and Quality to understand their requirements.
- Work with the global AIPT team to deliver features and major, complex products.
- Collaborate with other DT teams to deliver customer-focused solutions. These teams include UX, Architecture, Data/Information Delivery and Cyber-security.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Additive Manufacturing process and the Digital Technologies required to support it
- As required, participate in Lean Problem Solving processes, such as Kaizen Events and Kata.
- Own and manage the backlog of requests, prioritizing the activities and leading the sprints.
- Partner with the Chief Manufacturing Engineering teams to align the Digital Technology with the over Manufacturing Readiness strategy.
- Mentor junior members of the team, and others as required.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the Additive team members.
- Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs.
- Demonstrate strategic expert level skills in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity.
- Engage frequently (50% of the time) with the development team; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions.
- Translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units.
- Master’s Degree with 2 years Information Technology experience or a Bachelor’s degree in Digital Technology, Computer Science/Engineering or related engineering field with 8 plus years Technical Product Management experience
- Experience in transforming processes into Digital solutions.
- Familiarity with common Machine Learning programming languages such as Python
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS), data transfer, digital operations, cyber security.
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements, and estimating efforts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to help make buy vs build recommendations, scope MVPs, and to drive market timing decisions.
- Ability to effectively work in sometimes ambiguous, evolving situations
- Influences through others; builds direct and “behind the scenes” support for ideas.
- Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
- Understands when change is needed and can develop a plan for leading the change.
- Experience in technical strategy planning.
- Curious, creative problem solver
- Influences and energize others toward a common vision and goal.
- Demonstrates resilience through setbacks and odds
- Innovates and integrates new technologies to meet the customer needs
This role requires access to U.S. export-controlled information. If applicable, final offers will be contingent on ability to obtain authorization for access to U.S. export-controlled information from the U.S. Government.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
To apply for this job please visit www.snagajob.com.