Discovery Education is looking for a Manager, Physical Product Operations to join our global operations team. As part of your role, you will focus on establishing and nurturing strong relationships with our network of vendors. You will also be responsible for developing efficient and effective processes, as well as overseeing product forecasting and production timelines. Initially, your focus will be on supervising and managing the production and fulfillment of physical products in the K-12 science subject area. However, there is potential for expansion into other subject areas. You will work closely with a dynamic and supportive team that prioritizes collaborative problem-solving and places the success of teachers at the forefront of our endeavors.
You possess exceptional skills in building relationships, negotiation, project management, and time management. Your genuine passion lies in products and hands-on supplies. Additionally, you excel in data analysis and possess a deep understanding of production management. Your ability to thrive in ambiguous situations while delivering high-quality results is remarkable. You have a proven track record of growing businesses, optimizing processes, and implementing systems to drive growth and efficiency.
This is a remote role.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with external vendors and internal stakeholders to determine priorities and drive projects, ensuring timely completion.
- Take ownership of designing and implementing efficient workflow processes for supply chain-related changes.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the user experience and prioritize impactful changes accordingly.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers via phone, email, and in-person interactions to secure necessary resources and materials.
- Perform production cost and expense forecasting.
- Develop and implement a production forecast process to anticipate and meet the demand for Discovery Education products.
- Work collaboratively with internal designers, product teams, and external contractors to create product designs and packaging that seamlessly integrate with our online curriculum.
- Provide support to partners and internal teams by addressing inquiries related to the implementation of Discovery Education kits or supply materials.
- At least 6 years’ experience in supply chain management or project management with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in end-to-end process management.
- Extensive knowledge and application of project management methodologies, tools, and techniques to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Comprehensive understanding of production management, encompassing product development, forecasting, and supply chain management.
- Project management experience preferred.
- People management experience.
- Proficient in gathering, analyzing, and synthesizing data to make well-informed decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, enabling effective interaction with diverse stakeholders.
- Skilled in negotiation, project management, and time management.
- Proficiency in data analysis and a high level of confidence in utilizing Excel.
- Creative problem-solving abilities to tackle challenges and find innovative solutions.
- Exceptional capacity for building and nurturing relationships.
- Flexibility to work early hours 2-3 days a week, if required, for time zone differences outside of Eastern Time.
- Demonstrated experience in applying problem-solving methodologies, such as root cause analysis or design thinking, to drive continuous improvement and foster innovation.
- Previous experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and multiple departments, with managerial experience being a valuable asset.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- Flexible PTO.
- Paid holidays include Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve.
- Generous parental leave.
- Annual education and professional development dollars.
- Major medical, vision, and dental (multiple choices).
- Summer hours and company recharge days.
- Company-paid life insurance and short- and long-term disability.
- Pet insurance.
- Company paid volunteer hours.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit us.trabajo.org.