Open Position: Product Owner
Reports to: Group Product Manager
HST Pathways is on a mission to transform healthcare with innovative software technology that enables surgery centers to provide more cost-efficient patient care and better outcomes. Our suite of solutions spans the entire case lifecycle, including scheduling, care coordination, clinical documentation, and revenue cycle. Backed by Bain Capital, we are the fastest growing ASC software company and serve over 1,600 clients, but we’re just getting started and have plans to 10X the value we offer. However, our big ambitions are only as strong as the team behind them, which is why we’re looking to build our team with the best.
What we’re looking for:
You are inspiring, authentic, intuitive, highly motivated, results-driven, and a fast learner. You want to work for a company with a positive work culture that is fast-paced and evolving. You believe that working for a diverse and inclusive organization is best and holds the values of One Team, Inclusion, Transparency, Agility, Empathy, Growth Mindset and Proactivity — and you’re ready to be an ambassador that exemplifies these qualities. You are data driven and comfortable with a high-volume workload (“roll up your sleeves” approach) and adept at dealing with a dynamic work setting.
The Product Owner is accountable for effective product backlog management, which includes: Managing and Prioritizing the backlog – Through managing the backlog and assisting the Product Manager in story refinement, a Product Owner not only prioritizes items according to business objectives and overall strategy but also ensures the delivered product is on time and meets customer expectations. They also consider the project dependencies that will affect the sequence of development while laying out the contents of future sprints. Communications – Product Owners must be the primary communicators between internal stakeholders and development teams. They should serve as liaisons between product and development. This ensures there is buy-in from the former group on all major decisions, giving clear instructions and priorities to the developers. Managing Software Development Life Cycle – product owner should spend a significant amount of time overseeing the actual development of the product. They are a key player throughout each event, including planning, refinement, review, and sprint. The Product Owner remains accountable for the work being accomplished and for the value delivered. They are a key partner with the Product Manager and other department leads and help to ensure development efforts are as efficient as possible. The Product Owner will work with all facets of the organization and is an important player in the ultimate success of each release.
At a high level the product owner acts as an assistant to the Product Manager with most of their focus on being a Product Owner while advancing their skills in Product Management and Product Strategy.
- Become immersed in the company’s existing Agile software development.
- Translating product managers’ strategies to tasks for development – ensuring epics created by the product manager are appropriately broken down to user stories for development.
- Coordinate with the engineering department to deliver functional solutions.
- Consistently and explicitly communicate the Product Goal.
- Creating and clearly communicating Product Backlog Items and ordering Product Backlog Items.
- Managing sprints in alignment with established goals and backlog prioritizations.
- Assist with monitoring and reporting on users’ feedback after launching.
- Gather product data, including key statistics and user trends.
- Prioritize the implementation of new features, resolving bugs, manage expectations of timelines and evaluate progress at each stage of development.
- Alongside the Product Manager understands and anticipates the client’s needs to manage the development process more effectively.
- Assist with the creation of Support and Training documents for internal and external users.
- Exceptional work ethic and strong time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and capable of effectively collaborating with cross functional teams.
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Experience in gathering and interpreting qualitative product data and consumer feedback.
- Hands-on experience with web technologies.
- BS in Business, Nursing, Technology, Marketing, or similar field.
- Working knowledge in project/product management tools such as: JIRA Rally Pendo Scrum Certification and Pragmatic Product Marketing Methodology exposure preferred but not required.
- You are scrappy and driven: you can take an ambiguous problem, roll up your sleeves and get the job done. Talk is cheap! You love to get things done!
- You’re a strong communicator: you know how to explain technical concepts to both technical & non-technical audiences. You appreciate the value of documentation & love sharing your knowledge with others.
- You are adaptable: you are a quick learner and love diving in to explore new opportunities. You can navigate both internal and external hurdles to deliver a great product.
- You are inquisitive: you are hungry to learn and are always asking the right questions.
- You are quantitative: you like numbers and being able to leverage numbers to bolster and justify your arguments and positions.
- We go beyond the expected. We strive to be the difference in everything we do and look for ways to innovate and deliver beyond expectations.
- We thrive through collaboration. We invest in our team and take pride in the success of others.
- We strive to make a positive impact. We are passionate about our work and leverage our collective creativity and industriousness to make big things happen
- We sharpen and share our expertise. We aspire to learn, grow, and share knowledge.
- We love the journey. We never lose sight of the fact that we’re contributing to building a new model of healthcare delivery.
Perks & Benefits:
- Remote work environment
- Health benefits paid for employee
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- 11 company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave
- 401K with matching contributions
- Learning and development allowance
- A diverse, inclusive, and fun team!
HST Pathways celebrates diversity and is steadfast in fostering an inclusive work environment where employees feel valued, respected, and engaged. We champion and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is instinctive and fuels innovation, connection, and a strong sense of “One Team”. HST is deeply committed to representing and reflecting the unique experiences, perspectives and viewpoints of our employees, customers, and the communities we serve.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.