Base Pay Range: $70,700.00 – $120,200.00 Annually
Primary Location: USA-MI-Ann Arbor-KLA
KLA’s total rewards package for employees may also include participation in performance incentive programs and eligibility for additional benefits identified below. Interns are eligible for some of the benefits identified below. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed above reflects the minimum and maximum pay for this position in the primary location identified in this posting. Actual pay depends on several factors, including location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education level or training. If applicable, your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and we invest 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
Job Description/Preferred Qualifications
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Engineering, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the commitment and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
Sustaining product engineering serves as the central technical resource collaborating with engineering, manufacturing, technical support, installation, quality, marketing, part supply chain, and field as the product(s) move through the Product Life Cycle. Will be fully coordinated and working directly with the aforementioned teams to incorporate helpful serviceability, part supportability, and service business practice improvements into product serviceability.
- Influence Product Service Life Cycle (SLC) gives features that will optimize KLA’s service business: retrofit, calibrations/diagnostics, Cost of Service, reliability, PM optimization, Intellectual Property (IP) protection.
- Build solid expertise in overall system operation, system integration, and system calibrations/diagnostics.
- Able to step into beta and sustain product’s critical customer issues, analyze data from various sources, and work with Engineering to provide a detailed plan of action (POA).
- Demonstrate learning and knowledge across the Product Support Organization through training classes, Augmented Reality (AR), individual coaching, documents, and updating other knowledge bring together tools.
- Spares obsolescence risk analysis and coordination with Spares Planning team to build and implemented initiatives that mitigate Service supply chain risk, including closing known issues and collaboration with GSS Engineering and Operation team.
- Hands-on work for integration of Alpha/Beta systems/retrofits, including performing serviceability validation.
- Passionate about traveling! Required onsite support during beta testing, and critical issue support, installations/upgrades.
- Give to the service alert meeting and POA development. Bring together and document BKM and other improvements into knowledge databases or systems.
- Perform detailed analysis to resolve a wide range of issues in creative as well as practical ways to drive standardization.
- Ability to travel domestic & foreign up to 25%
- Capital Equipment experience in KLA Instruments or similar Semiconductor Industry
- Understanding these tools: Python, Power Bi, SQL Server, Excel
- Mechatronics background
- Bachelor’s degree of 2 years in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, Software or related technical field.
- Looking for highly motivated individual with hands-on experience designing, building, documenting and/or solving problems with electro/mechanical assemblies.
- Solid mechanical engineering fundamentals, including design principles, machine elements, materials, fabrication methods.
- Results-oriented and driven to excel.
- Strong analytic, data analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work efficient in multidisciplinary, multicultural teams and to take a leadership role when needed.
The company offers a total rewards package that is competitive and comprehensive including but not limited to the following: medical, dental, vision, life, and other voluntary benefits, 401(K) including company matching, employee stock purchase program (ESPP), student debt assistance, tuition reimbursement program, development and career growth opportunities and programs, financial planning benefits, wellness benefits including an employee assistance program (EAP), paid time off and paid company holidays, and family care and bonding leave.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.