To strengthen our Sensor team, we are looking for a
STA Technologies develops unique anti-counterfeiting solutions for product and document security applications. As part of these solutions, we create security features along with sensors to detect and authenticate these features. The Product Engineer will work closely with our Research and Development, Manufacturing, and Customer Technical Services teams across the lifecycle of existing and new sensor products to ensure that our products are manufactured efficiently and with high quality and reliability. The Product Engineer will focus on product improvements at each stage of the products understanding the characteristics of the material being measured, improving producibility, and assuring reliable field operation over tens of years of product lifetime. A successful candidate will be responsible for the design optimization and industrialization efforts that lead to a reliable and robust portfolio of quality control tools, customer-facing measurement tools, and high-speed sensors in an industrial in-line environment. Key responsibilities of this position include:
• Transition products in the field of software, electronics, optics, and mechanical engineering from the development phase to the manufacturing phase.
• Develop and maintain product technical documentation such as installation guides and user manuals.
• Evaluate customer requirements, create product specifications in collaboration with Development Engineering.
• Evaluate products to identify potential safety hazards.
• Perform hands-on testing and analysis activities to understand design and manufacturing weaknesses or points of failure.
• Support Manufacturing in the establishment of processes to ensure that the product is designed for safe and efficient production.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Someone who approaches product refinement and improvement with passion, creativity, and curiosity.
• Familiar with the entire product development cycle.
• A self-starter who proposes solutions to technical issues.
• A motivated individual who can work closely to resolve technical issues within a diverse team across several time zones.
• Someone with the ability to handle shifting priorities, multiple projects, and timeline pressure to meet deadlines.
• Someone comfortable with communicating in a variety of forums.
• Someone with strong technical writing skills.
• Someone with the ability to work with management, program representatives, and customers at several levels.
• MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 5-10 years of experience as a product engineer in electronics products is required.
• Skilled in electronics, mechanics, and optical components.
• Experience across the full lifecycle of product development and specifically transitioning products to manufacturing is desired.
• Experience in preparing risk assessments, FMEA and other risk documents is required.
• Experience with implementing safety measures and a strong safety culture in electronics manufacturing is desired. Additional experience with laser safety is ideal.
• Good written and verbal communication.
• U.S. citizenship required.
• Must be able to support business travel up to 15%.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a US security clearance
Our success comes from our highly skilled and talented employees
Respectful entrepreneurship and a long-term vision are key for success
Our people contribute to a more secure world
Diversity at all levels of an organization is a strength
SICPA Securink Corporation is committed to making its electronic and information technologies accessible to individuals with disabilities by meeting or exceeding the requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. 794d), as amended in 1998. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran, and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our Careers site as a result of your disability, you have the right to receive assistance in completing the application process. To request an accommodation, please click here.
SICPA Securink Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. For more information on or to view our EEO policy, please contact Human Resources.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sicpa.com.