Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Product Design Manager to join our exciting team and be part of the digital transformation within MedTech! This position can be based in multiple J&J MedTech locations in the United States. Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis if approved by the Company.
Johnson & Johnson MedTech, we’re changing the trajectory of health for humanity, using Robotics & Digital Solutions to enhance healthcare providers’ abilities and improve patients’ diagnoses, treatments, and recovery.
As we expand our portfolio of Digital Solutions, you’ll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that help elevate proficiency and operational efficiency for surgical teams and hospital administrators across MedTech’s connected digital ecosystem.
This position is responsible for guiding end-to-end product design activities with a focus on elevating our mobile user experience and maturing our digital design system.
You are a hands-on doer willing to solve systemic and meaningful design problems.
You will build innovative and creative design solutions that shape the future of MedTech Digital’s mobile user experience in close collaboration with design, product management, clinical advisors, and engineering teams.
Your role entails keeping a pulse on industry trends and customer needs while also advocating for the adoption of UX/UI best practices and human-centered design. You should have a highly developed curiosity, creative problem-solving abilities, comfort with ambiguity, and a strong affinity for a ‘build-to-learn’ approach.
- Collaborate with design and functional partners to understand user needs, opportunities and requirements.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the Digital Solution strategy, aligning it with the overall business objectives.
- Lead the end-to-end design process for Digital Solutions, including wireframing, interactive prototyping, and high-fidelity UI design demonstrating strong attention to detail.
- Maintain and evolve our design system to ensure consistency and efficiency in design and engineering processes.
- Support user research and usability testing to capture user feedback and iterate on designs accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience in digital product design.
- Fluency in mobile product design.
- Experience being a hands-on designer and fluent with relevant design tools (Adobe Suite, Figma, etc.) Up to 80% hands-on work.
- Expertise in creating inclusive, accessible, and scalable design systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills and clear design insights.
- Excellent visual, written, and oral communication skills.
- Portfolio giving us a deeper understanding of your candidacy.
- Ability to travel up to 10% based on CDC and company policies.
- Experience designing for healthcare.
- Strong prototyping skills.
- Robust understanding of the software implementation process.
Please provide a link to your portfolio to be considered for this role. Your portfolio should clearly show a strong expertise in applying interaction design patterns to solve complex workflows, as well as in visual design, information hierarchy, layout, composition, and typography.
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful, and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $99,000 to $ 170,200.
For candidates in the San Francisco Bay area $113,000 to $ 195,730.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.