Why do we need you ?
What’s the job?
The Associate Product Manager will provide product management and marketing analysis in support of achieving the strategic, business, and financial objectives for assigned line(s) of business within the Siding Products Group. Works with Product Management Director and other Product Managers to enable product management actions, supports pricing strategy, and assists sales and marketing of CertainTeed and/or Private Label brand portfolio. Determine end user and distribution customer needs and develop new, innovative products and services, targeting ‘Industry Firsts.’ Similarly, through ‘Voice of the Customer’ activities and competitive benchmarking, partner with NPD and Operations to develop product line extensions. Track ongoing share and volume performance by product line and region. Works closely with sales, manufacturing, NPD, customer service, finance, and marketing to execute plans and programs. Key enabler of product development projects in support of new business development activities for products across channels. Helps to define and track sales results for new product launches. Operates with latitude for independent judgment and entrepreneurial decision making.
Product management support for one or more product lines and hundreds of SKU’s:
- Work may be independent or in conjunction with other product managers
- Provide input into the multi-generational product plans (MGPPs) to guide and drive portfolio strategy
- Partner with Finance and Supply Chain to maintain product profitability/productivity worksheets
- Establish product price positioning recommendations and pricing guidelines; adjust through product life cycle
- Monitor competitive product developments and drive competitive benchmarking activities
- Facilitate annual review processes and make decisions on product line rationalization and provide suggested disposition on slow-moving and obsolete inventory
Accountable for specification review and approval. Manage and approve product changes
Supports the product management team as needed in retail operations by leading assortment strategy & recommendations, category management, POS analytics, customer events/sponsorships, channel pricing, and channel sales & marketing tool development across the retail channel.
Is this job for you ?
What do you bring?
Bachelor’s Degree Marketing or Business Required
Requires 2-3 years of progressive experience in retail management, customer service, product management, sales operations, or other similar role
Background in building materials / exterior cladding industry highly desired.
Technical background a plus, but not required.
Ability to travel – up to 20%
A Little More About Us
Who are we?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm’s slogan “Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed,” inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
To make sure nothing is forgotten
What are our perks?
We Provide Unique Options To Fit Your Unique Lives! Our Total Rewards Program Is Customizable To Accommodate Your Needs. Our Menu Of Flexible Options Includes, But Is Not Limited To
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Program s
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.