Every minute of every day, GE rises to the challenge of building a world that works.
GE Aerospace is seeking engineers interested in software, systems, design, and hardware engineering roles to help us invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. In these roles, you will be challenged to use your technical skillset, problem-solving abilities, and lean mindset to meet key business objectives for our commercial and military customers across a variety of our product lines.
Note, GE offers competitive salaries and a full breadth of benefits including 401K company contribution with additional matching plans, flexible work arrangements, generous permissive time off policy, tuition reimbursement for future degrees, company paid life insurance, and a variety of competitive health insurance choices to meet your needs.
This is a Grand Rapids, MI opportunity and requires relocation to Grand Rapids, MI if you do not currently reside in the area. Relocation assistance provided.
The Product Engineer serves as a liaison between production, aftermarket, and design engineering teams. The Product Engineer’s mission is to create and sustain world class avionics manufacturing by focusing on key areas of cost, delivery, and quality. He/she will support four key activities:
1) daily tactical factory support
2) manufacturing and product sustainment and improvement projects
3) improve hardware test methods and hardware design for test
4) support next generation test equipment platform developments and deployment.
The Product Engineer will drive process improvements and utilize data analysis to achieve and maintain production process capability and consistency. Daily activities will include supporting hands-on debug of avionics product and test equipment, leading root cause investigations, identifying and delivering corrective actions, and executing product or test equipment updates for obsolescence or cost out activities. On new product developments, the Product Engineer is responsible for ensuring lessons learned are fed back to the design team, coordinating Design for Test and Design for Manufacturing activities and preparing the product for transition to manufacturing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with manufacturing counterparts, improve the build and test processes using standard work methodology and instructions.
- Identify Key Process Indicators (KPIs) and Critical to Quality (CTQ) features to improve producibility and testability.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing including hands-on debug of product (unit and circuit card) and automated test systems.
- Perform and coordinate engineering investigations including development of Change Impact Assessments with internal stakeholders.
- Execute and lead product and test equipment design changes for obsolescence management, product improvement, and cost-out activities.
- Participate and/or facilitate in improvement projects (e.g. Product Work-up events, develop debug tools, develop guided troubleshooting aids, etc.).
- Operate as a liaison between internal stakeholders including manufacturing, quality, sourcing, and other engineering teams to solve issues.
- Present changes, engineering investigations, and corrective actions to external customers.
- On new product developments, review and guide product architecture and strategy for Design for Manufacture/Design for Test.
- Provide manufacturing lessons learned feedback into the design process.
- Coordinate product transition from initial design to manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience with one or more of the following:
- Programming C/C++, Python
- Data protocols such as RS422/RS232/Ethernet
- Circuit design, test, troubleshooting
- Environmental testing to standards such as DO-160, MIL-STD-810
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Electrical design and analysis experience with integrated electronics and circuit card assemblies.
- Working knowledge of complex avionics systems and their components.
- Experience with test system design and development for integrated electronics and circuit card assemblies.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and deliver results.
- Familiarity with aerospace standards, materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to lead cross-functional technical teams.
- Demonstrated application of problem solving and root cause corrective action tools and process.
- Self-starter who takes ownership of product line and is committed to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Bonus Plan Eligible
- And more!
GE bietet ein hervorragendes Arbeitsumfeld, berufliche Entwicklung, anspruchsvolle Karrieren und wettbewerbsfähige Vergütung. GE ist ein Arbeitgeber, der die Chancengleichheit fördert. Beschäftigungsentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Rasse, Hautfarbe, Konfession, nationaler oder ethnischer Herkunft, Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität oder -ausdruck, Alter, Behinderung, Status als geschützter Veteran oder anderen gesetzlich geschützten Merkmalen getroffen.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.