What To Expect
As a Technical Product Manager, you will accelerate the design of Tesla’s consumer products, reducing the total time and cost to deliver new products to market, and on a greater scale.
The PLM/CAD Platform Operations team is responsible for delivering business outcomes for users of Tesla’s PLM/CAD software platforms. The team is responsible for the operation of the server-side components of commercial solutions, monitoring and tuning of health and performance, and deployment of new versions. Adjacent teams are responsible for functional features, capabilities, and customizations to these software applications. With responsibility for managing operations for these software platforms, you will collaborate with the product teams to collectively define the overall platform operations strategy for PLM/CAD software at Tesla. Your direct customer personas are the teams responsible for functional changes to the PLM/CAD software and the engineers who use PLM/CAD software to design Tesla’s products.
This role is required to be onsite 5 days/week in Austin, TX or Palo Alto, CA.
What You’ll Do
- Discover and prioritize the most important problems to solve through deep understanding of your customers and their needs
- Define metrics for measuring business impact and utilize them to make data-driven prioritization decisions
- Define and communicate product vision, strategy, and an outcome-based roadmap
- Align platform operations vision and strategy with adjacent Product Managers for CAD/PLM software
- Develop confidence in proposed solutions prior to implementation
- Prepare actionable epics, stories, and bugs for your engineering team and collaborate with your engineering lead on maintaining a prioritized backlog for the team, balancing business outcomes with objectives that enable the engineering team to reliably deliver customer value at a sustainable pace
- Validate that delivered solutions solve intended business objectives by applying predefined measures
- Coordinate release of software, including release notes, documentation, training, and internal marketing, in the context of platform operations.
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of experience as a Product Manager for complex software products
- Experience operating large scale commercial software products as a service with user-centered production metrics
- Experience using Agile methodologies to collaborate directly with a software engineering team
- Strong focus on user-centered design and measurable outcomes
- Experience work with large off-the-shelf, vendor provided, commercial platforms and managing vendor interactions
- Experience with PLM/CAD software products, such as Dassault Systems’ 3DExperience/CATIA/ENOVIA /SIMULIA/DELMIA
- Familiarity with Site Reliability best practices
- Experience delivering products that run on Kubernetes or another container scheduler
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$88,000 – $300,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.