WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 2.5 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It’s a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.As a product marketer, you will be responsible for sharing consumer insights with the cross functional team to help WhatsApp build products that protect people’s privacy and security. In this role, you will be expected to be a key thought leader within the organization on topics like end-to-end encryption and keep track of and stay one step ahead of our competitors. You will work with our Product, Engineering, Policy, Privacy, Legal, Communications and Partnerships teams to ensure all efforts are aligned from inception to launch and beyond — and communicated clearly and with empathy to all key stakeholders.Someone in this role will need to establish a vision, bring new and strategic ideas to the table, clearly communicate complex ideas while flawlessly managing every step of a launch. You’ll be expected to push the boundaries of what’s possible in marketing, while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality.Consumer Product Marketing Manager, Privacy Responsibilities:
- Drive WhatsApp’s leadership in the private messaging space
- Develop the strategy, key messages and rollout plan for all of WhatsApp’s most privacy sensitive launches, including compliance moments
- Demonstrate confidence, judgment, and excellent execution on fast-moving projects
- Be comfortable working side-by-side with leaders in the company for key launches and announcements
- Help design the best product experiences with engineering, product management and design teams
- Launch new WhatsApp features and highlight our narrative through press, policy makers
- Deepen our understanding of demographic and international audiences
- Identify product needs and emerging trends in the privacy, security, and encryption
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing and/or marketing, product management, or business experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Social Sciences or other related discipline
- Experience with product launches (including mobile) and consumer campaigns
- Project management experience
- Experience working with a variety of internal teams and stakeholders to understand and solve problems
- Committed to our mission of safeguarding user privacy
- Experience working as a PMM on a technical product that impacts policy, privacy, or security
- Experience working on complicated issues such as data sharing
- Experience in technology, startups, or consumer mobile app space
- Has some experience working with brand teams and agencies
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.